Re: Region-highlighting has disappeared.

From: kovalsky . jan
Subject: Re: Region-highlighting has disappeared.
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:58:38 -0800 (PST)

Hi folks,

few days ago I switched from Emacs 21.4 to 22.1 and discovered exactly
the same issue as described above. When region was selected by
keyboard (C-SPC) it was not highlighted. However, when the region was
selected by mouse, highlighting appeared. Since I've got my .emacs
setting for very long time (from Emacs version 20.x) I had also in
there strange pc-select variables setting mentioned above. Workaround
I used to get highlighting working again for region selected by
keyboard was to comment out (remove) the line:

'(pc-selection-mode t nil (pc-select))

After that highlighting is back in operation again. Naturally, I have
'(transient-mark-mode t) in my .emacs config file.

Cheers,
Jan