Re: use-file-dialog

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: use-file-dialog
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 01:59:58 +0100

Bastien Guerry wrote:
Hi Lennart,

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

Bastien wrote:
Emacs is very configurable, but at least the user settings must be
remembered accross versions.
A very big effort is put into the development of Emacs to ensure this
as far as possible. Sometimes however conflicting interests (new users
vs old users for example) makes it impossible.

(Please note that I'm not the author of the quote in your answer.)

Hi Bastien,

Yes, I am aware of that. Sorry if I gave an impression that you do not know about the effort I mentioned. I am sure you do.