Re: records-mode ?

From: rustom
Subject: Re: records-mode ?
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 21:08:04 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 22, 5:35 am, Bastien Guerry <Bastien.Gue...@ens.fr> wrote:
> Xavier Maillard <x...@gnu.org> writes:
> > I always feel dumb and lost when trying to do simple things. For
> > example, searching in Org makes me sick.
>
> What exactly makes you sick?  Maybe we can improve this.

My own take on why some people may complain about org-mode:

Org mode is many things...

* A tree-structurer
  The outlining ability
* A brainstormer
  export-as-mind-map
* A GTD framework
  which includes
*** a todo list manager
*** a time-tracker
*** a (day) planner
*** project-manager

Unfortunately in the last case (GTD) Ive been a dismal failure and
kind of given up on it. I dont think this is because some feature --
search -- or whatever 'makes me sick' nor even because of 'too many
features'

The problem as I see it is that GTD is such a large task (Xavier
himself has said so http://www.brool.com/?p=82 ) that even the fairly
large and extensive org documentation is not enough to help grapple
with it.