Re: Window annoyances (was Some annoying behaviours)

From: Johan Lindström
Subject: Re: Window annoyances (was Some annoying behaviours)
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 14:54:54 +0000

At 09:21 2008-02-24, rustom wrote:
When I want to compare to buffers using ediff-buffers, I often want
the buffers side-by-side (C-x 3) rather than the default one-above-
other (C-x 2). Even if I take the trouble to arrange the windows as I
want and then invoke ediff-buffers  emacs is adamant enough to remake
the windows up-down, quite ignoring my configuration!

M-x customize-variable ediff-split-window-function
Set it to split-window-horizontally

/J