Re: Stemming Porter algorithm

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Stemming Porter algorithm
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 02:32:20 +0100

"Tiago Charters Azevedo" <tca@cii.fc.ul.pt> writes:
> Is there any stemming Porter algorithm for Emacs?

Use google!  Why can't you people just use google?    Well, actually,
never mind, this way I learn about new stuff, so thanks for asking,
but really, if you used google, you would have had the answer much
sooner.

This is just what I did, and while it looks like there's no elisp
implementations, there's a Common Lisp one at:
http://tartarus.org/~martin/PorterStemmer/commonlisp.txt
that should be rather easy to port to elisp (or just (try to) use
emacs-cl to run it in emacs).

"What is this talk of "release"?  Klingons do not make software
"releases".  Our software "escapes" leaving a bloody trail of
designers and quality assurance people in its wake."