Re: more config .emacs files

From: muede73
Subject: Re: more config .emacs files
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:45:20 +0100

srb@heckler-koch.cz wrote:
hi all

in my emacs i am using desktop-save-mode, so every time a start my emacs i have all my buffers opened. But very often i am using also "emacs -nw" from terminal just to quickly edit some config when doing some other work. But i do not want to use these desktop-save-mode. So i try to use some other options not to use default config .emacs. There is a option to use other users .emacs which is working ok(but you have to create this user, or have an access to his config), but i believe there should be other way how to tell emacs which config to use.

does anyone was solving this by other way?
thank you

pavel

What about making an alias, checking (car (commandline-args))
in .emacs and than load .emacs-foo or .emacs-bar.

-ap