Re: batch mode

From: Sebastian Tennant
Subject: Re: batch mode
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 11:36:59 +0200

Quoth Pascal Bourguignon <pjb@informatimago.com>:
> Sebastian Tennant <sebyte@smolny.plus.com> writes:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> By default Emacs in batch mode sends 'message's to stderr.
>>
>> Is it possible to put a directive in the file loaded with the '-l'
>> switch, that tells Emacs to send 'message's to stdout instead?
>
> Why use message if message doesn't do what you want?  Use print!
> (and princ, terpri, etc).

It's not my code, and there are a lot of messages in there!

Peter, of course 2>&1 works in a shell, but my guile script calls emacs
directly to avoid the overhead of the shell.

It turns out, guile has good port redirection routines and I'm able to
route stderr programmatically within the script.

Thanks to you both.

Sebastian