Re: how to obtain a url and store it

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: how to obtain a url and store it
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 19:20:47 +1100

someusernamehere <someusernamehere@gmail.com> writes:

> Hey, how I can get an url which is in some place in a paragraph and
> store it in a local var?
>
> Thanks

Are you talking about doing this interactively or programatically?

If its just interactive, you could either put it into the kill ring
using the standard copy commands. If you want it in a more defined
place, I'd suggest registers are the best solution - you can collect
multiple URLs into different registers and then paste them into buffers
at any time without possibly losing them in the kill ring after other
cut/copy operations.

If your talking about how to do this in elisp, you need to provide more
details.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au