Re: Gnus 'show X messages'

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: Gnus 'show X messages'
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 13:15:32 +0100

Kyle Sexton <ks@mocker.org> writes:

> Does anyone know how to make Gnus pull up the last say 100 messages
> from a group when I enter it automatically, even if they are already
> read?  I know that I can do 'C-u 100 RET', but I always want to the
> last 100 or so messages for the groups that I am reading.

(info "(gnus) Group Parameters")

    `display'
         Elements that look like `(display . MODE)' say which articles
         to display on entering the group.  Valid values are: [...]

        `an integer'
              Display the last INTEGER articles in the group.  This is
              the same as entering the group with `C-u INTEGER'.

--
Johan Bockgård