Re: Cannot compile for today CVS emacs

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Cannot compile for today CVS emacs
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 18:10:29 +0100

Am 05.03.2008 um 10:37 schrieb Misskiss:

xdisp.c: In function ‘handle_auto_composed_prop’:
xdisp.c:4596: error: ‘enable_font_backend’ undeclared (first use in this
function)

Enable_font_backend is defined in src/font.h which is included in xdisp.c:

        #ifdef HAVE_WINDOW_SYSTEM
        #ifdef USE_FONT_BACKEND
        #include "font.h"
        #endif  /* USE_FONT_BACKEND */
        #endif  /* HAVE_WINDOW_SYSTEM */

You could try to change directory into the src directory and try on the command line an augmented form of the original gcc invocation:

gcc -D_BSD_SOURCE -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/home/cwang39/source/ emacs/src -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wno-pointer-sign -dD -E xdisp.c > xdisp.gpp

The output file name is meant to signify that it's pre-compiled. It will be quite large, but you would see from where what comes – or does not come!

Compilation without enabled font backend works too.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Math illiteracy affects 7 out of every 5 Americans.