Re: info+.el Lisp error (SOLVED)

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: Re: info+.el Lisp error (SOLVED)
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 16:29:11 +0100

Hi Drew,

>> [...] the function `Info-index' (hitting the key `i') does
>> not work anymore and returns me the following:
>>
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function Info-clone-buffer-hook)
>>
>> I'm using version: 21.1
>>     Last-Updated: Sun Jan 06 18:26:21 2008 (-28800 Pacific
>> Standard Time)
>
> Should be OK now; please try the latest version.

Yep. It is. Solved!

> What version of Emacs are you using? I suspect you're using a
> development version (CVS). They changed Info-clone-buffer-hook
> to Info-clone-buffer recently for Emacs 22.1.90. I forgot to
> upload the fix.

I'm using the Ubuntu package provided to the community by
Alexandre Vassolotti:

    GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.0)
    of 2007-12-30 on iridium

See http://peadrop.com/blog/2007/01/06/pretty-emacs/.

> It's hard to keep up and keep it working for all Emacs
> versions. I usually fix things such as that after a new
> release is out

I can imagine.

> but let me know if other things break in the development
> version.

Thank you very much for such a quick reaction!!

BTW, hitting `i' does open an entry of the manual where our
search term was found, but it does not open it on the line where
the match is found, neither does it highlight it.

Are such things possible, which would render the whole even much
more usable?

Thanks,
  Seb

--