Re: Can't paste from files with .arc extension

From: Brian Adkins
Subject: Re: Can't paste from files with .arc extension
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 08:22:48 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 7, 11:18 am, Brian Adkins <lojicdot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 7, 11:05 am, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyba...@Web.DE> wrote:
>
> > Am 07.03.2008 um 16:32 schrieb Brian Adkins:
>
> > > I think the source app is involved when pasting
>
> > M-x describe-mode RET RET could reveal something. Also C-u C-x = on
> > characters.

Oh, I also tried C-u C-x = and the results are identical, except
temp.txt shows "There are text properties here:
  auto-composed        t"

and temp.arc doesn't have that. I don't think the content matters,
because if I simply rename a .arc file to .txt or some other
extension, it works fine. The problem only occurs when the file ends
in .arc