Re: Autocompletion in Auctex

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: Autocompletion in Auctex
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:20:07 +0100

Hi Lorenzo

"Lorenzo Isella" <lorenzo.isella@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear All,
> I have started to use Auctex for editing my latex documents.
> It generally works great, the only thing I am missing is some way to
> get autocompletion for e.g. referencing and citing.
> It would be great if when typing \ref{} or \cite{} I had a pop-up or a
> buffer telling me what I could possibly cite/reference.
> I did a bit of online research and bumped into:
> http://www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/RZ/software/emacs/auc-tex/auc-tex_3.html

What you are looking for is reftex, which is very poweful for
references and cites. If you already have installed the package (I
believe it came with your Emacs or AucTeX binaries), you can put this
into your .emacs:

;;--------------------------------------------
;; RefTeX
;;--------------------------------------------
(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-reftex)
(setq reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX t)
(setq reftex-enable-partial-scans t)
(setq reftex-save-parse-info t)
(setq reftex-use-multiple-selection-buffers t)
(setq reftex-texpath-environment-variables
      '("./inp:/PATH/TO/YOUR/TEX/DOCUMENTS//"))
(setq reftex-bibpath-environment-variables
      '("/PATH/TO/YOUR/BIB/FILE/"))

Greetings

Sven