Which font for Arabian transcriptions (WinXP)?

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Which font for Arabian transcriptions (WinXP)?
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:34:45 +0100

Hi to all

A friend of mine needs a unicode font for Emacs on WinXP (for LaTeX
files) which can display characters needed for Arabian transcriptions.
For example:

ā "0101"
ī "012B"
ū "016B"
ḏ "1E0F"
ḍ "1E0D"
ṯ "1E6F"
ṭ "1E6D"
ǧ "01E7"
ġ "0121"
ḫ "1E2B"

It's no problem to display these characters on my Emacs running on
Debian with the default-font adobe-courier. However, she is on
MS-WinXP and no font containing these characters seems to be available
for Emacs on that system. adobe-courier can be downloaded only for
quite an amount of money from the Adobe homepage (I really wonder why
it's available on a standard Debian system).

Does anybody have a tip about a free font containing these characters
which nicely plays together with Emacs? I have searched the web for
two hours without finding anything.

Thanks a lot

Sven