Re: code completion

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: code completion
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 00:17:34 +0100

Tom Tromey wrote:
"Lennart" == Lennart Borgman (gmail) <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

http://www.gccxml.org/
Pascal> Will parsing of xml be faster in elisp than parsing C?
You could always make it emit sexps :-)

Lennart> Yes, seriously. Maybe those writing gcc-xml could accept it
Lennart> as an option. I guess it should be a very simple change to
Lennart> spit out elisp/lisp instead of xml, or?

Yeah.  Though... XML is important enough nowadays that Emacs really
ought to be able to parse it with good performance.  If this means
linking to an XML library written in C, then IMO it would be a good
idea.

But parsing xml can't be as fast as just reading elisp code, or? But maybe the speed difference would be negligable, I do not know.