re gtk error

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: re gtk error
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 20:28:28 +0100

Hi all,
i have not the last post about this gtk error so i create a new post.

So, the error was i have this message when i start emacs in a term (X):

(emacs:13319): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_container_remove: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET
(widget)' failed

The error is not in emacs but in the term.
I have localize the error and it come from this part of my config:
(tool-bar-mode -1)
The error disapear when i load this code at the end of the config.
(I load it now with emacs-startup-hook that take effect at the end of init)

The second error is the code:

(setq inhibit-startup-message t)

or

(setq inhibit-startup-screen t) ;; an alias of the other

Don't work anymore as intended:
The startup message with emacs and all colors disapear
but the text in *scratch* don't disapear like before.

All these changes appear after a reinstall of emacs-cvs this last days.
the emacs version is:

GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.5) of 2008-03-10 on
thievol

So, the *scratch* buffer error is not important but why ?
And the solution for the gtk error for me is to load (tool-bar-mode -1)
at the end of init.

--
A + Thierry
Pub key: http://pgp.mit.edu