"symbol's function definition is void: generic-character-list" from eshe

From: Yasufumi Haga
Subject: "symbol's function definition is void: generic-character-list" from eshell of 23.0.60.2
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 20:43:23 +0900

Hi all

I'm using 23.0.60.2 of emacs compiled a few days ago, and I'm trying to invoke
eshell. But when I run "M-x eshell" it returns the following message:
    symbol's function definition is void: generic-character-list
on the minibuffer, and no command prompt appears on "*eshell*" buffer.
Do I forget to set something necessary to use eshell of 23.0.60.2 though it run
on 23.0.50 without setting anything special.
Does anybody have the similar issue? Are there any workarounds for this?
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
--Yasufumi