Re: emacs shell cursor movement is broken in 22.1

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs shell cursor movement is broken in 22.1
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:49:57 +0100

Am 16.03.2008 um 16:31 schrieb jimka:

If i want to see the history, i type "history",  If i want to see all
the history
which contained /tmp, i use "history | grep /tmp",

Why do you use shell mechanisms? GNU Emacs has more efficient ways to retrieve an elderly shell command ... (comint-previous-matching-input or M-r for example)

--
Greetings

  Pete

We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                                – Blaise Pascal