Re: C-h sends backspace?

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: C-h sends backspace?
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 17:00:52 -0000

Doing Google search for "emacs backspace" brings up a load of web pages, especially this very useful page:
   http://kb.iu.edu/data/abvn.html

Cheers,
Uday Reddy

"Christian Herenz" <herenz@physik.hu-berlin.de> wrote in message news:frbgsi$9sl$1@registered.motzarella.org...
Hi,
I am using an emacsen (Zile) on a remote machine. The problem is, that the C-h key (not only in Zile, also in other apps) sends backspace to the remote machine. I only find information for the case, that when I press "backspace" the Help pops up, cause Backspace sends C-h. What can I do, Is it possible somehow to have C-h still as C-h and Backspace still as backspace?
Greetz,
Christian