Re: set font problem

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: set font problem
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:25:28 +0100

Am 17.03.2008 um 11:31 schrieb Luca Ferrari:

I've tried to disable font and colors in my .emacs and to enable them in the .Xdefaults, but they are not working. Neither the fonts and the colors.

Because GNU Emacs does not read ~/.Xdefaults. It gets the settings from a database. This database is managed by xrdb. So you first need to merge the new settings or re-load the complete file.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Imbecility, n.:
        A kind of divine inspiration, or sacred fire affecting
        censorious critics of this dictionary.
                        – Ambrose Bierce: _The Devil's Dictionary_