how to print national characters in emacs

From: rabbit50
Subject: how to print national characters in emacs
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:15:04 +0100

Hallo group members
I am running emacs 22.
I installed intlfonts 1.2.1 package to emacs
and configured them for X:

$ xset +fp /usr/local/share/emacs/fonts
$ xset fp rehash

then chose some font from intlfonts:
-ETL-Fixed-Medium-R-Normal--14-140-72-72-C-70-ISO8859-2.
Emacs changed font to this one, so it looks like fonts are installed properly
in my system.

Then I put some national fonts to *scratch* and tried to print it with M-x
ps-print-region.

Emacs tells:

These characters in the buffer can't be printed:
 ą, ą, ą, ę, ę, ę, ę, ę, ż, ż, ż
Click them to jump to the buffer position,
or C-u C-x = will give information about them.

Please answer y or n.  Font for some characters not found, continue anyway? (y
or n)

Unfortunatelly, document printed does not contain my national fonts.

Have You got idea what might be the reason?

regards,
Michal