Re: Outdate session.el?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Outdate session.el?
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:18:09 +0100

Am 19.03.2008 um 02:00 schrieb Xavier Maillard:

   Am 10.03.2008 um 12:42 schrieb Nordlöw:

Does desktop.el or some other package in Emacs CVS support all the
features of session.el.

   I don't think so. I use both.

Did you report back to the emacs-devel team of these missing
features ?

What feature(s) need to be added to desktop.el ?

Particularly history, particularly from compiling. Session.el offers much more, but I don't remember consciously what more I am using. I should re-read the manual to know in which wealth I am working ...

The command desktop-save is a bit stupid: I have to tell it where to save the desktop. In ~/.emacs I have defined file and directory names. Automatic loading and saving works, only manually fails.

Me, I never reported anything. The combination of session and desktop works well for me. IMO both are meant to be the 'dynamic duo' of GNU Emacs. I wouldn't mind if the functionality of session that's not available in desktop would be integrated into one file. Maybe some variables could customise which kind of data is saved from session to session.

--
Greetings

  Pete

What is this talk of 'release?' Klingons do not make software 'releases.' Our software 'escapes,' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.