Re: Viewing PDFs as text?

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: Viewing PDFs as text?
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 00:54:40 +0100

> "Roland Winkler" <Roland.Winkler@physik.uni-erlangen.de> writes:
>> Well, many emacs options can potentially confuse users, and I do not
>> request that creating the text buffer is made the default. Yet emacs
>> has a lot to do with customization
>
> But an option to tell doc-view not to use doc-view?

Even if one can see only the plain text in a buffer, the buffer
content is still associated wth the original pdf (or dvi) file.

So as the code matures, I can well imagine that it will be useful if
at least some doc-view functionality can be made available in a tty.
For example, when you add print commands that allow one to print
selected pages (or convert these pages to some other format), that
would be a neat feature even if one can work only with a plain text
buffer to "view" a pdf file.

Roland