Re: Emacs psychiatrist

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Emacs psychiatrist
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:50:15 +0100

Bastien wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

Stefan Monnier wrote:
Actually, it's not a psychiatrist (obviously: it doesn't prescribe any
drug), just a psychoanalyst.
Well, that's incorrect I believe. Shouldn't it be

  Actually, it's not a psychiatrist (obviously: it doesn't
  just prescribe some drug), it is a psychoanalyst.

AFAIK there are more psychiatrists that are also psychoanalysts than
psychoanalysts that are also psychiatrists. So in most of the cases the role of the psychiatrists-psychoanalyst is not to "just" prescribe
drugs.

The condition to check would be if the are more psychiatrists that are also psychoanalysts then there are psychiatrists that are not also psychoanalysts.

And the answer to that seems quite obvious. Psychiatrits often have a much, much shorter education in psychology than most people would expect.

So I guess "just" prescribe is what happens in most cases.