Not losing mail (was: gnus as mail agent - sort question)

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Not losing mail (was: gnus as mail agent - sort question)
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 10:20:16 +0100

On Fri, Mar 21 2008, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> PS: I've _very_ recently switched to Gnus for all my email needs.
> Once more.  There have been a couple of failed attempts in the past,

If anything in the documentation is unclear, please suggest
improvements or at least report it.

> but I wasn't really familiar enough with Gnus and I was afraid of
> losing massive amounts of email if I misconfigured it.

While it _is_ possible to mis-configure Gnus to lose mail, I think it
is quite hard to do it accidentally.  Those pitfalls (e.g. bogus split
or expiry setting) are documented with big fat warning, I think.
Additionally there are safety net mechanisms (see
e.g. `mail-source-delete-incoming' in (info "(gnus)Mail Source
Customization").

[BTW, as you use the bleeding edge CVS Emacs+Gnus, you live more
dangerous as users of released version, of course.]

> `THANK YOU!' to all the people who have worked to bring us Gnus :)

Thanks.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,