RE: non-interactive shell

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: non-interactive shell
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 12:59:56 -0700

> I could have found it with C-h a but I didn't think the
> function I needed would be among the
> commands. Is there a way to do apropos with C-h f ?

Yes. In Icicles, `C-h f some-regexp S-TAB' shows you all functions whose names
match `some-regexp'. And you can change the regexp on the fly.

And whenever you use a command that expects a function or variable name as
input, you can see the complete help for selected completion candidates that
match your input, using `C-M-RET'.

Icicles also enhances the regular Emacs apropos commands in various ways.

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Icicles_-_Help_on_Candidates