Re: non-interactive shell

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: non-interactive shell
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:16:53 -0600

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 12:34:25 -0600
From: "B. T. Raven" <nihil@nihilo.net>

  (make-directory path t)

That one is new to me too. I'll use it but if I add parents arg I will have to learn how to handle the "Cancel" error. I could have found it with C-h a but I didn't think the function I needed would be among the commands. Is there a way to do apropos with C-h f ?

You mean, "M-x apropos-command RET"?

 Both give me the same prompt anyway:

Apropos command (word list or regexp):

So I think it's ok to refer to the default key bindings for the sake of brevity. Anyway, what I wrote about "Cancel" error should refer to (write-file filespec confirm) since that needs error handling more often than make-directory (and parents).