Re: M-<, M->, M-% ...

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: M-<, M->, M-% ...
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:52:23 +1100

poppyer <poppyer@gmail.com> writes:

> Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What is the best way to invoke the above mentionned keys in the
>> linux console (I really mean the console, not a xterm) ?
>
> I managed to get M-< and M-> works, but M-arrow keys still not working.
>
> 1). make a mykeymap plain txt file:
> alt shift keycode 51 = Meta_less
> alt shift keycode 52 = Meta_greater
> alt keycode 103 = F98
> alt keycode 108 = F99
> string F98 = "\033\033[A" # Meta_up
> string F99 = "\033\033[B" # Meta_down
>
> 2) sudo loadkeys mykeymap

That is the way I've done it in the past. Note that normally, on at
leatst GNU Linux systems, there are default emacs keymaps that you can
use with loadkeys. Using one of these may provide a better range of
mappings. Note that you can combine these keymap files with 'include'
statements. Check the loadkeys man page.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au