How to halt a loading file

From: orium
Subject: How to halt a loading file
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:43:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, everybody.

I am not a lisp coder, so this may have a obvious answer.

I need to halt .emacs in its execution:

(defun compile-emacs-config-file ()
  "Compiles ~/.emacs"
  (if (file-newer-than-file-p "~/.emacs" "~/.emacs.elc")
      (progn
        (setq byte-compile-warnings nil)
        (byte-compile-file "~/.emacs" t) ; Compile and load
        (setq byte-compile-warnings t)
        ;HALT - I need the loading of this file to halt and don't execute
anything else of this file
        )))

(compile-emacs-config-file)

I can't put everything else in the else part of that if because I have
variables set by emacs customize browser, which probably only work if
it is not inside a function (my guess).

Thank you