Re: help with makefile command line

From: Richard G Riley
Subject: Re: help with makefile command line
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:57:44 +0100

stan <smoore@exis.net> writes:

> Richard G Riley wrote:
>> stan <smoore@exis.net> writes:

>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Seems like it might be easier to write a makefile :)
>>
>> Sorry. I'm not sure I understand. You snipped all my code. Did it not
>> work for you? I use it on a daily basis.
>
> Sorry I confused with my snip. I'm not the op. I have my setup working
> pretty much the way I want ( is anyone ever really satisfied?)

But what has your setup and they way you want it got to do with the OP
wanting auto selection between Makefile and the gcc direct approach?

>> Yes, I do know that. But why would I do that when I can automate it as
>> above depending on whether there is a Makefile or not?
>
> Again, our streams got crossed at my snip. Both of our comments should
> have been directed to the OP and not each other.

My comments were directed at you. It was your post I replied to
above. You replied to me. I replied to you.

I am still not sure what points you were trying to make though. Did you
understand the OPs want better now?