Re: Setting Font/FontSet

From: Paulo J. Matos
Subject: Re: Setting Font/FontSet
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:46:02 +0100

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 7:49 PM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@web.de> wrote:

>  Am 31.03.2008 um 19:40 schrieb Paulo J. Matos:
>
> > Is there a way to list all the fonts available to GNU Emacs?
>

>  It's easy – but first think of a good name for the list!
>
>         M-x set-frame-font RET TAB
>
>  This will create a *Completions* buffer that you best save/rename at
>  once without trying file name completion (or it will overwrite the
>  buffer's contents). I get about 12,000 names ...

It would be very interesting to find a way to print a given sentence
with all the possible settings as a list.
I don't know Emacs Lisp but I do know Common Lisp. If I can get some
help I might do it myself.
How can I get a list with all the setting and apply the font setting
to just one sentence in a buffer?

Cheers,

Paulo Matos

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk
http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm
PhD Student @ ECS
University of Southampton, UK
Sponsor ECS runners - Action against Hunger:
http://www.justgiving.com/ecsrunslikethewind