need help customizing font-lock colors in syntax highlighting (fortran)

From: bcbarnes
Subject: need help customizing font-lock colors in syntax highlighting (fortran)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 12:41:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I've been using emacs for a long time, mostly for Fortran and Python
programming.  I'm currently porting some code from fixed-format to
free-format Fortran, which means the extension of the source file
would change from ".f" to ".f90" -- and the code, which is standard
Fortran 95, would have the F90 filter (f90.el by Glenn Morris) applied
instead of the fortran.el (fortran mode) filter.

In the old fortran mode filter, intrinsics such as mod, exp, and
others would be highlighting in a different color (say, pink) than the
control flow commands such as if/endif, do/enddo (which would be in
purple).  In the F90 mode, these commands are all highlighted in the
same color.  I find this to be undesirable, but I'm not sure how to
change it.  Poking around the f90.el source and google tells me it
will involve something like set-face-foreground of a font-lock mode,
but I don't know what to do.

Can anyone help me out in getting my syntax highlighting customized?
Or should I email the maintainer of the filters?  I am using emacs
22.1 on Fedora 8 and also Aquamacs 1.3 (based on emacs 22.1) on OS X
Leopard.

thanks,

Brian