Re: Setting Font/FontSet

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Setting Font/FontSet
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 10:57:45 +0200

Am 05.04.2008 um 06:05 schrieb rustom:
That's not possible - at least not in GNU Emacs. Here one frame can
use only one font or fontset. You might think of creating some
hundred frames, each using a different font or fontset. Best filter
all proportional fonts. They're mostly useful for novels or
newspapers. Monospaced fonts are probably the proper choice for GNU
Emacs.

Any likelihood of this changing -- say in emacs 23 ??

Why should this change? Do you want to learn commands to set font or fontset properties plus colours effects for text particles or do you want to programme or write something? If the former is on your wish- list you should look out for a different tool. The latter works well with PostScript or LaTeX and shows similiar show effects.

--
Greetings

  Pete

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.
                                – Douglas Adams