Re: Find all commands bound to key prefix

From: Alan
Subject: Re: Find all commands bound to key prefix
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 19:20:00 -0700 (PDT)

I have accidentally stumbled upon one of the nicest features in
emacs---that apparently escaped the list!  C-x [F1] .

Is this unique to my setup?  This is how I discovered it:

Long agon, I started using C-x6, C-x7, etc., as keymap prefixes to
numerous little utilities.  I would forget the keybindings, so in
my .emacs.el file, I defined a pop-up that would show me any
keybindings to the particular prefix.  I had to manually insert them.

Then, one day, after some years, I accidentally hit someother prefix,
followed by F1, and --- lo and behold --- what did I see, but a
listing of all bindings to that prefix.

I just tried it: it works with C-x !

Alan