Re: Where did the regexp fail?

From: Mike Mattie
Subject: Re: Where did the regexp fail?
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 18:25:50 -0700

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 16:59:07 +0200
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Chris, Peter, Drew and Tim for your helpfullness. I appreciate
> it. But my struggles with regexps and all the parenthesis are very
> easy today since I always use rx for complicated regexps.
>
> My struggle with trying to express what I am looking for is however
> not at all finished ;-)
>
> I wanted some kind of simple parser for data in a buffer, but I
> realize now that I have to write a small small parser to be able to
> give the feedback I want to the user.

I am writing that sort of Parser Compiler in elisp. It's not production ready,
but it does have a tracing facility for inspecting run-time parser matching.

It was originally conceived for building data structures out of reports
from command line tools and generalized later as a full Parser Compiler
so it should fit the bill.

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/ParserCompiler

mail me if you are interested and I will keep you posted. Could I get a data
sample as a test-set ? I would like to expand my testing beyond my own cases.