Re: How to customize fonts in the tex-mode?

From: Yang
Subject: Re: How to customize fonts in the tex-mode?
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 06:36:30 -0500

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Peter Dyballa wrote:

Am 08.04.2008 um 10:03 schrieb Yang:
Do I have put code in the .emacs file, or can I use the emacs M-X customize buffer to change values? and where?

Position the cursor inside the text whose face you want to change. Type C-u C-x =. In GNU Emacs 23 you'll see the hyper-link to the customisation interface, in other versions you need to click into the face's name and are then able to go from the *Help* buffer to the *Customize* buffer.

Your settings, when made permanent, go into ~/.emacs.

Thanks very much for this info. I am able to use the "C-u C-x =" key sequence to invoke the corresponding face customization buffer. Just curious, what function does this key sequence execute? (it seems that
"C-h k" will only accept a single key sequence)

I've tried to copy the "tex-mode.el" file from the Carbon emacs package to my current emacs installation. But that does not seem to have any effect.

Can it be, that you mix up built-in TeX mode with external AUCTeX?

That I'm not sure. I just simply copied the file
"%EMACS%/lisp/textmodes/tex-mode.el" from the carbon emacs package on the Mac to the corresponding place of my new emacs installtion (which is version 22.1.1 running under windows). I am not familiar with the internal working of the tex-mode. I don't even know if my carbon emacs is loaded with the AUCTex package by default. How do I find out these? It would certainly be very convenient to just copy the carbon emacs settings instead of going through everything manually. Thanks again.

--
Greetings

Pete                           <]
           o        __o         |__    o       HPV, the real
  ___o    /I       -\<,         |o \  -\),-%     high speed!