How do I change my default language environment to English?

From: ExitMoose
Subject: How do I change my default language environment to English?
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 19:48:30 -0700 (PDT)

After reading some positive things about using Emacs in place of an IDE for
python, I decided to try it out on my Windows box.  I work in Japan, so I
suppose Emacs grabbed my locale from the Japanese version of windows I'm
running on this machine, and so now the default language environment is
Japanese.  Of course, I can just set-language-environment to English each
time I start up, but I'm looking for a more permanent solution.  How do I
change it so Emacs starts up in English instead of in Japanese?

Remember, I'm completely new to Emacs.

Thanks for the help!