Re: w32-print.el and w32-integ.el

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: w32-print.el and w32-integ.el
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 11:05:24 -0500

Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
B. T. Raven wrote:
Peter Dyballa wrote:

Am 08.04.2008 um 04:41 schrieb B. T. Raven:
I have dial-up and don't want to download the whole EmacsW32 package. Are recent stand-alone versions of these elisp files available anywhere?

Is there no way to receive updates as diffs via CVS or SVN and then re-compile the whole package?

Thanks, Pete. I am not illiterate or innumerate but I am incomputant. I have never been able to get a cvs package running on w32 but I did build an emacs from source on Fedora. On w2000 I need .exe binaries. The files I need from Lennart's package are only .el's so all I need is a url where I can find them already unpackaged.

I have decided not to put up single files because I do not have time to do so and I do not have time to take care of the trouble that would result from mixing different versions.

Doing it that way I can without trouble for example replace htmlize.el with htmlfontify.el which can do a bit more and which I also hope is making its way into Emacs soon.

It has also been quite difficult for me to try to understand how to write mumamo.el and get it to work with different libraries. That would have been much more difficult if I did not have a base of working elisp libraries that should work for most users.

But I can understand your trouble, Ed. Maybe there is a simple solution though. Maybe downloading nXhtml instead would be an option for you. This is just 1.5 MB and contains htmlfontify.el and hfyview.el which are used for Quick print menu entries. You have to do a little bit elisp setup yourself though to remove some things from the old EmacsW32 you have.

Will this help you?

I think so, but most of it is over my head. I did install Emacsw32 once to try it out but I am not using it now. I want to keep my w32 installation as close as possible to my G/L one but I need printing on w32. My understanding is that I need only htmlfontify.el, hfyview.el, and easymenu.elc in order to print a buffer sent to Firefox. Is that right?

Thanks, Lennart