Cursor stays in middle of frame vertically- minor mode?

From: David Bush
Subject: Cursor stays in middle of frame vertically- minor mode?
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 14:45:39 +0000

I want the cursor to stay in the middle line of my frame as I view and
edit. For example, if I am typing text and press Enter, the text above
should scroll up, the text below stays put, and the cursor is sitting at
the beginning of a new line in the middle of the frame. Any other
operation that moves the cursor in that frame should have a similar
result. The cursor stays in the vertical middle while the lines of text
move. Of course if the cursor is in the first few lines, it could be
nearer the top of the frame.

This is so basic, I would be amazed if it has not already been
implemented, perhaps as some minor mode? I first saw this feature in an
assembly language editor for the TRS-80 Color Computer. It was decidedly
easier on my eyes and posture to look at the middle of the screen instead
of the bottom. Emacs programmers aren't going to let some rinky dink
editor from the stone age beat them out in this regard, are they?