Pymacs mode does not work after autocomplete added to .emacs file and th

From: Newell Jensen
Subject: Pymacs mode does not work after autocomplete added to .emacs file and then deleted
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 17:26:00 -0700

Hello all and thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.  I don't know what is going on but I have not been able to figure this out.  Before I did anything I had pymacs and py-mode working so that when I was working on a python file I could do autocompletion by hitting tab.  Then I wanted to figure out how to get completion working where I could have something similar to Visual Studio's intellisense.  To do this I appended

(require 'hippie-exp)

(setq hippie-expand-try-functions-list
'(try-expand-dabbrev
try-expand-dabbrev-all-buffers
try-expand-dabbrev-from-kill
try-complete-file-name-partially
try-complete-file-name
try-complete-lisp-symbol-partially
try-complete-lisp-symbol
try-expand-whole-kill))

but this was givng me problems because it wouldn't allow me to have the python completion anymore.  So all I did was deleted what I put in (the above) from my .emacs file but now it will not go back to the original way that it was.  I restarted my computer, looked in /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp etc to see if I could find the problem but I am stumped.

Once again, to iterate.  ALL I did was copied the above text into the bottom of my .emacs file and then deleted it, but my emacs no longer does the python completion.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Newell

Before enlightenment, chop wood and carry water
After enlightenment, code and build circuits