How to stop TRAMP from asking for sudo password on every startup?

From: Jonathan Groll
Subject: How to stop TRAMP from asking for sudo password on every startup?
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:45:36 +0200

Is there a customisation option to stop TRAMP from asking for the sudo
password upon launching emacs? Sometimes I don't want to do any sudo
edits, but it still asks every time. This problem seems to have
started after I opened some buffers with /sudo::/ , from what I can
tell there is nothing in my .emacs or custom.el actively starting
tramp.

Many thanks,
Jonathan.