Re: emacs, w3m and wav files

From: Richard G Riley
Subject: Re: emacs, w3m and wav files
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 06:37:37 +0200

Richard G Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:

> Could someone point out how to play wav files from w3m in emacs? I have
> a mailcap entry in ~/.mailcap but how to tell w3m in emacs to play file
> at the link http:/someplace/file.wav? Hitting enter (w3m-view-this-url)
> just opens the file as a binary. e.g the alphabet here:
>
> http://german.about.com/library/anfang/blanfang_abc.htm
>
> Do I need to write a function to save the file and then invoke the mime
> handler? I tried to add wav types to w3m-content-type-alist but hitting
> enter on a wav file just gave me
>
> "Cannot run two w3m processes simultaneously (Type `C-c C-k' to stop
> asynchronous process)"
>
> (obviously a general solution would be nice).

I answered my own question - the type was audio/x-wav and not
audio/wav. Silly of me. Not that I understand why its x-wav :-;

Unfortunately it then reloads the page after playing (I use esdplay) and
I have to invoke "p" key (w3m-view-previous-page) to return to
the previous point. I guess there might be a way to wrap this into a
function which invokes the play command for that mime type and then
calls command w3m-view-previous-page afterwards?