Re: Does emacs 22.2 support compiled as 64bit?

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: Does emacs 22.2 support compiled as 64bit?
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:48:51 +0900

> Am 20.04.2008 um 20:52 schrieb William Xu:
>
>> $ gcc -m64 -I/sw/include -L/sw/lib -c -fpascal-strings -DMAC_OSX
>> -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -I. -I/Users/william/repo/git/emacs/src
>> -fpascal-strings -DMAC_OSX -Dtemacs  -g -O2 -Wno-pointer-sign   mac.c
>> -v
>> -print-search-dirs -E -dD
>

> Do you want to compile and assemble (-c) or do you want to preprocess
> (-E)?

What do you mean? I should remove "-c" option? Hm, the result is the
same.  Could you tell me the correct command?

> I don't see GCC telling where it will look C header files.

I didn't know -print-search-dirs.  But from its doc, looks like it gives
the desired outputs.

,----[ -print-search-dirs ]

`----

> Did you compare output from GCC in 32 bit and in 64 bit mood?

Yes, they are the same.

--
William

http://williamxu.net9.org