Re: How to get rid of annoying ^M lineendings

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: How to get rid of annoying ^M lineendings
Date: 22 Apr 2008 14:13:32 GMT

olgo wrote:
> I keep reading solutions to this problem by means of substituting the
> line endings with a global replace but this is not what I need.
> I need for the files to be kept as they are, with all kinds of line
> endings, but I don't want to see it in the editor.
>
> Thus, my question is:
> Is there a way to tell emacs not to show the ^M character altogether?

IME this is only a problem when line endings in a file are not consistent.
so my advice would be to make sure each file only has one kind of line
ending, then emacs will simply detect the format correctly and will tell
you in the mode line you're editing a DOS file, and won't show the ^M
characters.

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)