Re: regexp help

From: tyler
Subject: Re: regexp help
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:04:13 -0300

Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm looking at outline mode.
>
> I see outline-regexp is set to:
> Its value is "[*\f]+"
>
> Looking in emacs info, I see no reference to '\f'.  What is it?

It's an escape character indicating a 'formfeed'.

> Looking at a buffer in C-mode, I see:
> Its value is "[^#\n^M]"
>
> I don't recognize the '#', what does this mean?

Sometimes a hash is just a hash. I'm not sure what the context is here,
but maybe it has something to do with recognising #include and #define
in c code.

HTH,

Tyler

--
Friends don't let friends send Word documents

http://www.nothingisreal.com/dfki/no-word