Re: Electric Buffer mode too boring

From: Dan Espen
Subject: Re: Electric Buffer mode too boring
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 12:15:25 GMT

Kevin Rodgers <kevin.d.rodgers@gmail.com> writes:

> Dan Espen wrote:

>> Maybe I'm missing something basic.
>> Doesn't font lock always automatically look for font lock
>> keywords with the same name as the mode with the 'font-lock-keywords'
>> suffix?
>> It seems to with XEmacs.
>
> I think major modes follow the convention of defining a global variable
> with such a name, but also make sure to set the buffer-local variable
> font-lock-keywords to reference it.

Well, I did:

(add-hook 'electric-buffer-menu-mode-hook
          '(lambda ()
             (font-lock-mode 1)
             (setq font-lock-keywords
Electric-buffer-menu-mode-font-lock-keywords)
             (font-lock-fontify-buffer)))

In XEmacs, I hit ^h^v to see a variables value.
Just figured out I need M-x describe-variable.
(A difference I can adapt to.)

So now I can see I have font-lock-mode on and
font-lock-keywords set as desired but no decoration.

Then I noticed that if I type in a line, for example "S" for (save)
the line changes color but not to the color I want.

I think the emacs version of electric buffer list is doing it's own
thing to the highlighting.

Not happy.