ergonomic based emacs keyboard shortcut set

From: Xah
Subject: ergonomic based emacs keyboard shortcut set
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 19:47:46 -0700 (PDT)

Mid last year, i spend about 3 months desiging a keyboard shortcuts
set for emacs based on ergonomic principles, with my 18+ years of
experiences using qwerty and dovrak keyboard layout and various
software based keymappings, macros, on different OSes.

The result is here:

A Ergonomic Keyboard Shortcut Layout For Emacs
 http://xahlee.org/emacs/ergonomic_emacs_keybinding.html

I've been using this keybinding for over a year now, and am very happy
with it. I've been using emacs since 1998, on a daily basis, and have
started to code elisp few hours a week since 2005. Of all emacs tricks
and tips for enhancing productivity i've learned or adopted over the
past decade, may it be a extra mode, learning a new emacs command, a
new shortcut, a new emacs customization, or anything, i think i'd say
that this ergonomic keybinding ranks first on my list.

For those of you emacs developers, may I suggest that you give this
shortcut a try for at least 2 weeks. I think you may like it. (for a
stronger expression, I think any emacs user if forced to use this
shortcut set for 1 month, 95% will never go back.)

Feedback appreciated. Thanks. (in particular, i'm looking for more
emacs keyboard shortcut usage data. Pls see:
http://xahlee.org/emacs/command-frequency.html
)

  Xah
  xah@xahlee.org