Re: Making ELSE know the language by file extension

From: Peter Milliken
Subject: Re: Making ELSE know the language by file extension
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 08:13:20 +1000

Hi Nathan,

ELSE (currently) works out the name of the template to load using the major mode name - in versions of Emacs prior to 21.1 this worked perfectly because C and C++ files had a major mode name of "C" and "C++" respectively. So ELSE would calculate a template name of C.lse and C++.lse respectively - the names of the language templates you would have downloaded.

Emacs 21.1 (or perhaps the c-mode changes did this?) changed the major mode name displayed to be C/l and C++/l (I have no idea what the "l" is - another language also uses the C major mode????) respectively - so ELSE's current naming rules were broken.

I have produced a new version of ELSE that allows a customisable variable to be set by the user so that such major mode names can be "translated" i.e.

and then ELSE can find the correct template file.

I just haven't put the new version of ELSE on my web-site yet (I can't access it from work due to firewall restrictions and I never seem to remember to do it from home - too many things happening there :-)).

I'll email you the latest version directly and hopefully this weekend get my web-site updated as well. Or you can apply directly to me at peterm@resmed.com.au.

Regards
Peter