emacs allways asking to delete excess backup file

From: TheLonelyStar
Subject: emacs allways asking to delete excess backup file
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 06:08:42 -0700 (PDT)

I hate thos *~ files all over my filesystem, I therefor added the following
to my .emacs:

;; Enable backup files.
(setq make-backup-files t)

;; Enable versioning with default values (keep five last versions, I think!)
(setq version-control t)

;; Save all backup file in this directory.
(setq backup-directory-alist (quote ((".*" . "~/.emacs_backups/"))))

Now emacs always askes me, if it should delete excess backup file when I
save a file ...
Can I make emacs to just do it without asking?

Thanks!
Nathan