Re: todo list auto generation from code comments

From: Xah
Subject: Re: todo list auto generation from code comments
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 08:05:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 29, 6:06 pm, map7 <mich...@dtcorp.com.au> wrote:
> Is there a plugin out there which will allow me to gather all the '#TODO'
> comments from my ruby code and generate a todo list?
>
> I've seen this feature in other IDE's and think it would be useful.  If it
> doesn't exist does anyone know if lisp is capable of performing this?

if your #TODO is single line, you can just use list-matching-lines to
collect them all and paste into a file.

if your todo is not a single line, you could then easily write a elisp
code that slurp blocks defined as starting with #TODO and ends perhaps
at a empty line.

Google: Xah emacs lisp tutorial

and you should find my tutorial if you want.

  Xah
  xah@xahlee.org
∑ http://xahlee.org/